Wedding FAQs

What are the maximum capacities in the rooms?

All of our capacities can be found here.

It is possible for us to get married outside?

Yes, an outdoor Ceremony can be held in the Great Hall Courtyard

How do we book the Registrar? 

The registrar must be booked with Daventry County Council.  The number is 03001 261000 and the website is  We recommend that couples hold a date with us, then book the registrar online before paying their deposit for the venue.

What time can wedding guests check in? 

Our check in is from 3pm.  We can store luggage for guests before this time and we do have changing facilities

What time is check out for wedding guests? 

We ask all of our guests to vacate their rooms by 11am. 

Who sets up the tables on the wedding day? 

Our Team can set name cards, favours and decorations around the room or the couple can set these up themselves if they wish to.  Suppliers can access the venue from early to arrange flowers, cake etc.

Can we have confetti at the hotel? 

Confetti cannot be thrown inside either venue and only bio-degradable confetti may be thrown outside. (Any thrown inside or non bio-degradeable outside may result in a clean up charge.) 

Can we bring our own wine or other beverages? 

We do not allow you to bring your own beverages, however we can source alternatives with advance notice. 

Do you have a cake stand we can borrow?

We have two cake stands, they are both silver plated, one is round and the other square. They measure 16”.

Can we have fireworks? 

Fireworks must be booked through one of our recommended companies. Fireworks are let off from the corner of the front lawn or the back of the rear Cedar Lawn and they must have taken place by 10.30pm. We regret that they cannot take place during the last week of March not the month of April due to the proximity to lambing. 

What time does the music finish and bar close? 

Bar last orders are 11.30pm, bar closes and music finishes at 12.00am. (Sunday & Bank Holidays – 10.30pm last orders, 11.00pm bar closes and music finishes.) 
There is a resident’s bar in the main house which will remain open after this time.
For exclusive use weddings this can be extended with prior arrangement.