Terms and Conditions of Your Booking
Your booking with us will be subject to Hand Picked Hotels’ terms and conditions, which are explained here. Should you have any questions regarding these terms, please call our Contact Centre on 01642 706 606. Please note that we have separate terms and conditions for spa bookings and health club memberships.
1. Our Packages and Prices
We offer a range of packages and prices, which can change at any time depending on availability and demand. Our prices will be for either single or double occupancy, although many of our rooms have additional space for children (for which there may be an additional charge, please see below). All of our prices are inclusive of VAT or local taxes at the current prevailing rate.
Rate types and options for changes and cancellations
We offer a variety of different rate types; please make sure you choose the one that suits you best when making your booking:
- Flexible Rates (at all hotels except L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa and Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa) can be changed or cancelled free of charge until 12 noon on the day before arrival. You need only pay for your stay upon departure from the hotel, but we do require a credit card to secure the booking.
- Flexible Rates (at L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa and Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa) can be changed or cancelled free of charge until 12 noon two days prior to arrival. In addition, all Flexible Rate bookings at these hotels between May and September require a non-refundable deposit of the first night’s stay, due to the very busy nature of these hotels over the summer period. (No pre-payment will be taken for bookings of one night only). You need only pay for any remaining nights on your stay upon departure from the hotel, but we do require a credit card to secure the booking.
- Advance Purchase Rates offer a discount on the Flexible Rate of at least 10%, but they require a minimum advance booking period and full pre-payment at the time of purchase. Bookings made on these rates cannot be changed, transferred or refunded at any time.
- Promotional Rates (including Country House & Island Breaks, Romantic Getaways and Promotional Spa Breaks) also offer discounts compared to the Flexible Rate. They also require a minimum advance booking period and full pre-payment at the time of purchase. Bookings made on these rates cannot be changed, transferred or refunded at any time. There may be additional terms and conditions specific to each promotional offer and these are clearly shown in the booking process.
- Corporate and Wedding rates will be subject to the relevant agreed contract.
- Residential Spa Breaks require full prepayment at the time of booking. However, you may cancel your booking for a full refund (or amend it) up to 7 days before arrival.
Please note that bookings of eight or more rooms, whether booked together or separately, are classified as a Group and are subject to our Group Terms & Conditions of business, which differ from our publicly available terms. Please contact our Contact Centre for further details.
Many of our rooms have space for children, but this is subject to availability and the number of rooms suitable for children of different ages will vary by hotel. We apply the following policies with regard to children sharing their parents’ rooms, where space permits:
- Children aged 3 and under stay and dine for free.
- Children from 4 to 11 years receive complimentary bed & breakfast at all hotels except L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa and Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa. Other meals will be charged at 50% of the adult price or as priced on the children’s menu.
- Children from 4 to 11 years at L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa and Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa are charged £25 for bed & breakfast. Other meals will be charged at 50% of the adult price or as priced on the children’s menu.
- Children from 12 to 17 years will be charged £25 for bed & breakfast and the adult price for all other meals as taken.
Any children in their own room pay the full adult price for bed & breakfast, with the policies shown above applied to all other meals taken. Please ask when booking to ensure that we have availability to accommodate children and please note that additional charges for children staying in parents’ rooms are not normally included in the room rate.
Children are welcome to use our swimming pools (where available), but there may be specific child swimming times that can be found on the hotel pages of our website.
Room bookings always need to be made by adults aged 18 or over.
All of our rates include a traditional breakfast cooked to order, unless they are specifically shown as “room only”. Please double check to make sure.
Some of our packages include dinner, which will consist of an allowance towards the a la carte menu.
If you wish to dine in one of our restaurants, or enjoy afternoon tea with us, please reserve as early as possible to secure a table at your preferred time (although on rare occasions we may need to change the time of your booking). Our restaurant opening times vary by hotel and day, please see our website or enquire for details.
2. Our Policies
Payment (including extras at the hotel)
We won’t charge you any fees for paying by credit or debit card.
If you have booked a Flexible Rate, when you arrive at the hotel you can choose to pay in full using a debit card or pre-authorise your credit card for payment on departure.
If you have pre-paid for your accommodation, you must bring the payment card that you used with you and present it at check-in, for security purposes.
If you are settling your stay using a voucher, you must give it to reception at the point of check-in, otherwise you may have to pay for your stay in full. There may also be other terms and conditions specific to the voucher that you are using.
In addition to the above, on your arrival at the hotel we will pre-authorise your credit or debit card for £50 per night for any extras you may wish to charge to your room whilst at the hotel.
Tips and service charge
At Hand Picked Hotels 100% of any tips, gratuities, and service charges are distributed amongst the staff in accordance with the local staff representative committee agreement at each hotel.
We customarily apply a discretionary service charge of 10% to Food and Beverage bills.
Check-in and check-out times
At all Hand Picked Hotels, you may check into your room from 3 pm and we ask you to check out by 11 am on the day of departure. While you are welcome to request an early check-in, unfortunately we cannot guarantee this as your room may not be ready. You are also welcome to request a late check-out; again we cannot guarantee this and if the hotel can accommodate the request there may be an additional cost.
We operate a smoke free policy (including e-cigarettes) in all bedrooms and public areas including the balconies at L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, and will levy a penalty charge if you breach this policy. At St Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort smoking is permitted on some bedroom balconies, please enquire.
No shows and cancellations by the hotel
If you do not check in on the scheduled day of arrival (or cancel/change a Flexible Rate booking after the free cancellation/change period), the following policies apply:
- If you have booked a Flexible Rate, we will charge the cost of the first night to your credit card and cancel any remaining nights on the booking.
- If you have booked an Advance Purchase Rate or Promotional Rate, we reserve the right to cancel any remaining nights on the booking, unless you request otherwise.
On rare occasions, it may become necessary for the hotel to cancel a room booking and find suitable alternative accommodation for you. Unless the circumstances are beyond our reasonable control we will either provide a room in another local hotel of similar quality, plus transport (all at no cost to you) or, if in our opinion there is no suitable alternative accommodation available, cancel the booking and refund any money paid in advance for the unavailable room.
Unfortunately we do not allow dogs at any of our hotels. This excludes guide and assistance dogs, subject to prior arrangement.
Your data and privacy
3. Other Information
We will try our best to accommodate any special requests you may have (including specific room allocations), but please note that these cannot be guaranteed and should be made as early as possible.
We recommend that you take out suitable travel and/or other insurance. Please note that Guernsey is not part of the United Kingdom and does not have a reciprocal medical arrangement with the UK, which means that any medical treatment must be paid for.
Suggestions, comments, compliments or complaints
We normally send a short post-stay survey to guests and would be delighted if you could complete this to enable us to improve the services we provide. However, if you wish to provide further comments or suggestions on your experience with us, please contact the hotel of your stay in the first instance (contact details can be found on the website). Should their response not meet your satisfaction, you can contact our central office at email@example.com. In both cases, it would be helpful if you could include the confirmation number of your stay.
4. Small Print
For legal reasons, we need to also include the following standard contractual clauses:
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the services we offer you. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or your cancellation rights under these terms. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time these terms were entered into, both we and you knew it might happen. Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees or Agents.
When staying at all of our hotels, you agree to comply with all licensing, health and safety, hygiene and all other applicable regulations. You also warrant that you will not cause damage to the premises. Hand Picked Hotels reserves the right to charge you the amount of making good any damage caused to our premises, as well as the cost of any items taken from our premises.
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect. Any provision of these terms that is expressly, or by implication, intended to come into or continue in force on or after termination of these terms shall remain in full force and effect. Each party agrees that it shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are governed by English law.