by Andrew Soddy, Executive Head Chef at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa
I am Andrew Soddy, Executive Head Chef at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa.
July is an exciting month for us and we have lots to share with you. Firstly, you may remember back in March we introduced a Fusion Pop Up restaurant for 3 weeks and I am delighted to announce it was a huge success and it will be opening permanently on 18th July. It has been my aspiration for the past 5 years so our guests have more of a selection as to where to dine.
Wimbledon is a personal highlight in the calendar for me and we’re bringing it to our Lower Terrace. On 13th and 14th July we will be showing the Ladies and Mens final live on our Lower Terrace and with Andy Murray back in the game this year it’s not one to be missed! We will be game, set and match with your Wimbledon classics including Pimms’s in the form of drink and ice lolly, cucumber sandwiches, strawberries and cream and of course Champagne.
Pimm's Ice Lolly
- 120ml Pimm's
- 360ml lemonade
- Small bunch of mint, choose the smallest leaves
- 18 cucumber slices, halved
- 1 small orange, thinly sliced and each slice cut into quarters
- 100g strawberries, hulled and halved or larger ones sliced
- Mix the Pimm's and the lemonade in a measuring jug. Divide the Pimm's and the lemonade between the ice lolly moulds to fill each about half to two-thirds full.
- Add 3-4 small mint leaves to each one, along with the cucumber and fruit pieces so there is enough to go down the length of the lolly and not just float on the top.
- Put the lids on the lollies and put in the freezer overnight. Dip briefly in hot water and remove from the moulds to eat.
Tip: Make sure there is some space between the top of the ice lolly mixture and the lid as the mixture will expand slightly as it freezes.