We meet Andy and Claire who had a glamourous winter wedding at Crathorne Hall Hotel, North Yorkshire. This country house hotel offers the perfect intimacy for your wedding, being set in 15 acres of private grounds and with captivating views of the Leven Valley.
"We decided to have a winter wedding at Crathorne Hall because we wanted to take advantage of all of the beautiful festive ideas, such as roaring fires and mulled wine. The hotel was beautifully decorated with Christmas decorations, which was just magical! We visited a number of venues but straight away Crathorne felt right.
We had the use of two key rooms for our wedding which was great as this gave us the feel of a separate ceremony and wedding breakfast. Our ceremony was in the Edwardian Room which offers beautiful chandeliers and period features and our wedding breakfast was in the Drawing Room, a delightful room with high ceilings and a feature fireplace. Both of these rooms complimented our style perfectly.
We infused a touch of vintage glamour to our wedding by having a theme of the late 1930’s, early 1940’s. We wanted to showcase our passion about this era, but also create a style which had elegance, sophistication and charm. Crathorne Hall Hotel suited this perfectly, the hotel is grand enough to feel special without feeling pretentious. Many of our guests also dressed in vintage clothing which really added to our theme.
Our wedding was absolutely perfect. All we ever wanted was a beautiful backdrop and good food, we got that and so much more! The ceremony was wonderful, really special, personal and moving. The wedding breakfast as relaxed and comfortable, in the beautiful, dark room full of glittering candles and glass. The evening was full of laughter and dancing. I hope that I’ll remember moments of it for the rest of my days.
Our fantastic suppliers really helped to make our day feel special:
- Our photographer was the fabulous Margarita Gabnyte, She was incredibly helpful and enthusiastic.
- Our florist was Carl Banks in Crathorne.
- My beautiful dress was from Marrime Boutique in Jesmond. They perfected my vintage look in my Catherine Deane dress.
- For music, we had a vintage DJ Major Swing and Kitty and also Brandyn Shaw; a fabulous vintage singer.
- My hair was done by a friend who took on the daunting challenge of 1930s finger waves!
- Our wedding cake was baked and iced by myself."