Our commitment is to create an experience where our team members feel valued, unconstrained, engaged and stimulated.
At Hand Picked Hotels we focus on the needs of our team members to ensure that our guests receive outstanding service. Our reputation is important to us and we want to ensure that a Hand Picked Hotel is a great place to work as well as a great place to stay.
Training and development
All team members have the opportunity to learn and develop a range of skills as well as attend training events to support their ongoing development. This includes:
- Annual appraisals leading to a personalised development plan
- Off job training and development activities and qualifications
- Work groups to expand experience and develop new skills
- Online training and skills evaluation through our Learning Centre
Equality and diversity
- Information and training is provided for all levels in equal opportunities policy and effective communication techniques that promote respect and positive behaviour.
- All hotels are working to develop a relationship with a local provider to provide employment or work experience for disadvantaged groups.
Communication and involvement in the environment
- Each hotel has an Environmental Team which is responsible for setting local targets and delivering training and communication activities.
- The aim is to promote and emphasise the internal and local action needed from all team members to achieve our goals.