By Jonny Ward, Assistant Banqueting Manager at Norton House Hotel
I am Jonny Ward, Assistant Banqueting Manager at Norton House Hotel I hope you enjoy creating the ‘Elderflower Fizz’ as it is a fantastic mixture using your favourite gin, sparkling prosecco and elderflower; appealing to many tastes.
Watch the video below to find out how...
Here are the simple steps to create a delicious Elderflower Fizz Cocktail…
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 large red wine glass
- Plenty of ice
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 25ml Elderflower cordial
- 25ml Gin
- 50ml Apple juice
- Top up with Prosecco (approx. 1/3 of a glass)
- 3 slices of cucumber (1 for garnish)
1. Start by putting plenty of ice into a large red wine glass.
2. Add the mint, apple juice, elderflower cordial and gin of your choice.
3. Top the drink up with chilled prosecco and mix with a spoon.
4. Add two large slices of cucumber to the drink and garnish the glass with one large slice.
Since my first day in hospitality I have loved making cocktails.
There is something magical about what you can create with a little bit of flair, quality ingredients and of course a little bit of theatre.
I enjoy creating bright, loud and vibrant cocktails to make the customers wow. As well as whipping up the old classics of course. I enjoy getting the team involved in making cocktails and developing their own knowledge.
One of my personal favourite cocktails has to be the New York sour! A twist on a recipe over 100 years old and originally created in Chicago. The drink incorporates Chambord (or red wine) to add a real depth and sweetness to the drink. When I am in a cocktail bar the New York Sour is certainly my drink of choice! Here’s a link on how to make the perfect New York Sour.