Indulge with this delightfully easy, vegan-friendly chocolate dessert.
Gordon Neale, Head Chef at Audleys Wood Hotel in Hampshire, brings you one of his favourite desserts for Veganuary. So simple, so good! Why not have a go?
Ingredients (for 6 people)
- 200g dairy-free dark chocolate (at least 75% cocoa solids)
- 700g silken tofu
- 150g maple syrup
- 1 orange (zest of)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 large pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 large pinch of sea salt
- 1. Gently melt the chocolate in a large bowl over hot water, stirring occasionally
- 2. Whilst the chocolate is melting, place the tofu into a tea towel and squeeze out the excess moisture
- 3. Put the tofu in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients (not the chocolate) and blitz until smooth
- 4. Once the tofu is smooth, add the melted chocolate and pulse until silky smooth
- 5. Divide the mixture into 6 serving pots and chill for 15 minutes before serving
Tip: The rum is not essential and can either removed or replaced. Gordon likes to add Grand Marnier to really bring out the orange flavour.
We love seeing the fruits of your labour, so please share your food photos and videos with #HandPickedMoments on our social media channels.