At Hand Picked Hotels, we have developed our Corporate Social Responsibility activities to involve our team members, our local community and our guests.
When staying with us, guests can choose if and how they would like to be involved. This can be anything from indulging with the best of produce from our local suppliers and our gardens, re-energising with a walk in the grounds or local area, to supporting our efforts with recycling and energy management.
We welcome suggestions or comments on our policy and how we are implementing it and if you have any questions during your stay, then please just ask at Reception.
Here’s a taste of how you can Be Involved during your stay. Click on the links for articles about our hotel activities.
- Take a walk around the grounds or local area. Ask at Reception for a walking map and borrow the Wellington boots if it’s raining!
- Enjoy the fresh air and outdoor activities available with our tennis court, 9 hole pitch and putt golf course and running routes.
- Spot wildlife on the grounds. We have many types of resident birds in the grounds and fish in the ponds.
- Our specialist team in the Health Club & Spa are happy to offer advice and answer questions on exercise, well-being and skincare.
- Get active in the gym. Our Fitness Instructors can help you work out a personalised routine.
- Try our homemade lemon curd or sample the tasty range of local Berkswell cheeses offered on all our menus.
- Challenge yourself to keep your food miles down and order some of the many local dishes.
- Hand Picked Hotels is proud to have achieved Carbon Trust Standard status. You can support our commitment and contribute to reducing carbon emissions by:
- Turning off the master switch when leaving your room
- Switching off the lights, TV and heating sources when not needed
- Recycling is part of the hotel’s culture, leave us your newspapers, cans, plastic and glass bottles separately in your bedroom and we will recycle them.
- We can help clear out your car – pass us your recyclable rubbish and we’ll take care of it!
Keep up to date with our activity throughout the year:
Local charity involvement
Working with Local Schools