Win a wedding terms and conditions
The Competition is promoted by Johnston Press the publisher of The Harrogate Advertiser Series of newspapers and sponsored collectively by the companies listed at paragraph 21 each donating prizes which will together form a Grand Prize for the Competition. You may enter the competition by nominating yourself. The winning Entrant together with his/her respective fiancé (“Winners”) will be subject these terms and conditions together with the Publisher’s usual completion rules terms found at http://www.johnstonpress.co.uk/competition to which the Entrant agrees.
1. To enter the Competition the Entrant must ensure that as a couple they: (a) are each be over the age of 18 and reside within the Harrogate advertiser circulation area. (b) accept the prizes as provided by the Sponsors in accordance with their respective terms and conditions, which it is the Entrant’s responsibility to check. (c) are able to claim & use the prize(s) prior to 28th February 2014 (Excludes dates 7th to 16th February 2014) and is subject to the availability of all prize providers. (d) are required to give the registrar notice of their marriage
2. The Competition is not open to any of the Publisher’s and/or Sponsors’ employees, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the Competition.
3. Entry forms will be published in the Harrogate Advertiser Series of Newspapers (Harrogate Advertiser, Ripon Gazette, Wetherby News, Knaresborough Post, Nidderdale Herald) Entry is by post only using the original printed form
4. All valid entry forms received will be entered into the Competition and all Entrants will appear in the Newspapers to be voted for by readers by coupon/text. The ten (10) Entrants with the highest number of public votes will be short-listed as Finalists A new coupon/text vote is further required to nominate the Winners from the Finalists. The Winners will be the couple with the highest total public votes as nominated by coupon and/or text by readers of the Newspapers from the second round.
5. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. The Publisher reserves the right, to exclude Entrants from the Competition and the Sponsors and it may also at its discretion, withhold prizes for violation of any of these terms and conditions.
6. The Harrogate Advertiser Series reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website you are advised to regularly check the Website for any changes.
7. The Harrogate Advertiser Series reserves the right to communicate with entrants via text/email addresses supplied to notify of key competition stages & any changes to the competition schedule.
8. The Harrogate Advertiser Series takes no responsibility for any late, lost, illegible, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid entry. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. All submitted photographs cannot be returned.
9. The Winners acknowledge that the Harrogate Advertiser Series is merely promoting the Competition in its Newspapers and that we accept no responsibility whether directly or indirectly for any other claims arising in respect of the prizes provided by the Sponsors.
9. Winners agree to direct any claims in respect of any prize direct with the relevant prize Sponsor. There is no cash or other alternative to the prizes stated and a prize is not transferable.
11. The Winners of the competition agree to the use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Harrogate Advertiser Series and the prize sponsors whether in print form or over the internet.
12. The Winners agree to attend all interviews and photo shoots with the Sponsors to discuss their respective prizes.
13. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
14. More than one vote per person at the voting stages is permitted under these Special Rules.
15. The winner of the competition is determined by the Entrant who has received the most votes & is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. The Harrogate Advertiser Series of Newspapers reserves the right to withhold voting information and figures from any and all Entrants.
16. The Harrogate Advertiser reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition in any manner whatsoever if, at its sole discretion, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.
17. All Entrants are reminded that this is a general, public vote and whilst we will provide posters for every couple to display, it is their responsibility to ensure as many members of the public are aware of their participation and vote for them.
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
1. Any images of the wedding can be used by Wood Hall Hotel & Spa and other prize providers for future marketing purposes
2. The prize is for a wedding to take place in January or February 2014 excluding 7th – 16th February 2014 and is subject to availability
3. There is no cash alternative
The wedding is inclusive of 50 people, to include the wedding couple, and includes the following elements of the day
- 1 Pimms or Sparkling wine reception drink per person
- A three course wedding breakfast plus tea/coffee and Yorkshire fudge per person
- 1 glass of sparkling wine toast per person
- Evening finger buffet
- Hire of the Vavasour room for the day and evening reception
- 5 bedrooms on the night of the wedding on a bed and breakfast basis for two people sharing
A wedding gown of your choice from our collection, up to the value of £1,000. OR £1,000 towards your chosen gown (if more than this value) from the current collection in our shop.
Plus a maid of honour/chief bridesmaids gown to the value of £200 from the current collection.
1. The dress must be from the current collection available in the shop at the time of choice. Subject to availability, some gowns may not be available to order.
2. Any extra costs for size and/or length and rush orders to be borne by the customer
3. Any alternations will be charged at an additional cost in line with the current alternation costs
Harrogate Suit Hire
5 men’s full tailcoat hire wear outfits to include the following:
- Black tailcoats, striped trousers, double breasted dove grey waistcoats, your choice of colour neckwear with matching hankie, choice of shirt with cufflinks
Should you wish to choose a different style or cloth variation then a credit of £300 will be applied and the difference payable by the wedding party
PawPrintz wedding stationery
The prize includes:
1. 50 printed placecards. These are tentfold and measure approximately 9cm x 5.5cm (folded size). Guests names will be printed onto the place cards. The winning couple will need to provide a list of names (email, word document or spreadsheet) exactly as they are to be printed, approximately 4 weeks before the wedding. Spelling must be double checked as there will be a charge for any reprints.
2. 6 menus. The standard menu is folded card measuring 10cm x 21cm (folded size) with a printed insert
3. 6 table numbers/names. A choice of style of either a single card to fit into a holder. These are double sided. Or a tent-fold card which is free-standing on the table, again double sided. The standard size for the table number/name is 14cm x 14cm
4. 1 table plan. The table is unframed and will co-ordinate with the rest of the stationery. Names must be spelt correctly. The table plan will be printed 1 week before the wedding, once made it will not be possible to make changes
5. 1 Guest book in white and decorated to match the stationery
6. 1 card post-box in off-white or cream – decorated to match the stationery
Details and restrictions:
- Base card is either matt white or matt cream
- Choice of design
- Choice of coloured card for detailing of design
- Choice of coloured ribbon for detailing of design
- Includes clear crystals and /or flat-backed pearls if required
- Use of designer papers included if required
- All printing included
- Does not include large diamante and/or pearl embellishments
- Each item is individually made and therefore there may be slight differences between them. These differences do not constitute a fault.
- PawPrintz stationery may be made up of small parts that could cause choking if swallowed. Please do not allow young children to play with it
- All designs are the property of PawPrintz and must not be copied or reproduced
The prize includes the option of the following wedding cakes, both suitable for 50 people
- A two tier cake made up of a 10” fruit cake base tier and an 8” sponge tier or A three tier cake made up of an 8” fruit cake base tier, a 6” sponge tier and a 4” sponge tier
1. The winning couple can choose from the existing designs.
2. The order must be placed in November
Chair Wear of Harrogate
The prize includes 50 white chair covers and 50 organza sashes of your choice of colour for the existing range.
Jonny Ross Music
£1,000 music voucher to book your choice in evening entertainment.
La Fleur Floral Design
Flower package to include
- 1 x brides hand-tied bouquet
- 1 x bridesmaids hand-tied bouquet
- 5 x table centres
- 1 x top table arrangement
- 5 x button-holes
- 2 x corsages
1. All flowers selected will need to be relevant to the season
2. The maximum value of the prize is £600
Andy Sutcliffe Photography
Prize to include:
- 2 wedding photographers on the day to cover the brides preparation to the wedding breakfast
- Pre wedding shoot with a large mounted image for your guests to sign at the wedding breakfast
- All images on a disk with copyright
Total prize value £1295
Iain Henderson Designs
Prize to include 2 wedding bands to the combined value of £500
Crathorne Hall Hotel
Mini moon for the wedding couple to take place after the wedding
The prize includes the following:
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a deluxe bedroom
- 3 course table d’hote dinner in the Leven restaurant on the 1st night of your stay
- Traditional breakfast on both mornings
- Bottle of house champagne in your room on arrival
- This prize is subject to availability at the time of booking.