Reducing food miles and procuring responsibly
Reducing food miles
- We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through the provision of quality food and ingredients.
- Information on locally-sourced food is highlighted on each hotel menu.
- Our hotels grow herbs that are used in our restaurants and, in some of our properties, our chefs forage for wild produce or grow fruit and vegetables in the grounds.
- Several hotels have hives in the grounds and work with a local beekeeper to produce organic honey that can be found on the breakfast buffet and on our menus.
We are developing procurement procedures that take into account social and ethical criteria whilst making no compromise on quality and overall value for our guests:
- Bedroom toiletries without parabens and SLS components and soaps made from sustainable palm oil
- Public washroom products whose proceeds of sales support honey bee and pollination research
- Where possible we purchase Fairtrade or Rainforest Alliance beverage products for our bedrooms
- We buy British where possible, taking into account food seasonality and quality of produce
- We check suppliers are acting ethically in sourcing and production
- There are no endangered fish species used on our menus