By Matthew Ashton, Group Executive Head Chef, Hand Picked Hotels
My name is Matt Ashton and I have worked as a chef for 3 and half years at Woodlands Park Hotel and more recently as Executive Head Chef at Hand Picked Hotels for the past 4 years. One of my favourite late summer activities is inviting all my close friends and family over for a BBQ to relax and entertain. However cooking on a BBQ can be more stressful than intended as you are stuck hovering over a BBQ making sure those burgers and sausages do not burn, or worrying if the chicken is cooked enough. So I have devised some delicious recipes for you to enjoy, not only for the taste but also that they are easy to prepare and cook that will also allow you time to spend relaxing with your guests.
- 15 small leaves of fresh marjoram
- 15 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 green apples sliced thinly
- 250g celeriac shredded
- 1 bulb of fennel shredded
- 30g flat leaf parsley
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 1 large orange (zest and diced segments)
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Mix all ingredients together and leave for the flavours to macerate in the fridge 2 hours before serving.