At Hand Picked Hotels, we have developed our Corporate Social Responsibility activities to involve our team members, our local community and our guests.
When staying with us, guests can choose if and how they would like to be involved. This can be anything from indulging with the best of produce from our local suppliers and our gardens, re-energising with a walk in the grounds or local area, to supporting our efforts with recycling and energy management.
We welcome suggestions or comments on our policy and how we are implementing it and if you have any questions during your stay, then please just ask at Reception.
Here’s a taste of how you can Be Involved during your stay. Click on the links for articles about our hotel activities.
- Try some local ingredients from our restaurants’ menus. Our team members will be happy to offer advice.
- We have our own beehives in the grounds of the hotel so ask about our home-made honey
- Walk the “Woodlands Walk” and let us know any birds or wildlife you spotted, we can add this to our wildlife audit.
- We are proud that Hand Picked Hotels has achieved Carbon Trust Standard in recognition of the work we do in reducing our carbon footprint. You can support our efforts by turning off the master switch in your bedroom when leaving the room so that all electrical appliances are turned off while you are out.
- Keep your windows closed when the heating or air conditioning is switched on.
- Support our local charity through our annual Tartan Ball.
Keep up to date with our activity throughout the year:
Woodlands Park Local Charity Activity
Honey Production at Woodlands Park