At Hand Picked Hotels, we have developed our Corporate Social Responsibility activities to involve our team members, our local community and our guests.
When staying with us, guests can choose if and how they would like to be involved. This can be anything from indulging with the best of produce from our local suppliers and our gardens, re-energising with a walk in the grounds or local area, to supporting our efforts with recycling and energy management.
We welcome suggestions or comments on our policy and how we are implementing it and if you have any questions during your stay, then please just ask at Reception.
Here’s a taste of how you can Be Involved during your stay. Click on the links for articles about our hotel activities.
• Beekeeping Demonstrations and Gourmet Beekeeping Weekends
• Taste the honey from our own hives at breakfast which also available to purchase from reception.
• Go for a walk or run around the grounds and spot a wide variety of wildlife hotel “wellies” can be provided for your use. A detailed map is available at reception.
• Guided tours of the kitchen and herb garden can be arranged via reception.
• Let us recycle the rubbish from your car. Bring in your plastic bottles, paper or card and we will recycle them for you.
• Wood Hall Estate grazed meat is available on all the menus which includes the lamb and Dexter Beef cattle.
• Our neighbouring Carlshead Farm provides us with Iron aged pork which is also provided on all the menus.
• Our dedicated gamekeeper can take you on guided badger watching tours which will hopefully give you the chance to view the wildlife for yourself.
• Fishing can be arranged for you in the nearby River Wharfe as long as you hold a rod license.
• Our Head Chef is able to take you on foraging tours throughout the Wood Hall grounds.
Keep up to date with our activity throughout the year: