At Hand Picked Hotels, we have developed our Corporate Social Responsibility activities to involve our team members, our local community and our guests.
When staying with us, guests can choose if and how they would like to be involved. This can be anything from indulging with the best of produce from our local suppliers and our gardens, re-energising with a walk in the grounds or local area, to supporting our efforts with recycling and energy management.
We welcome suggestions or comments on our policy and how we are implementing it and if you have any questions during your stay, then please just ask at Reception.
Here’s a taste of how you can Be Involved during your stay. Click on the links for articles about our hotel activities.
• Take a stroll along one of our walking routes. Our walks cater for those with an hour to spend in the grounds or a whole day outing in the local countryside. Wellington boots, walking sticks and umbrellas are available at the front door to use
• Borrow one of our wildlife guide books and a pair of binoculars and go spotting. Don’t forget to record your “spots” in our journal at reception
• Enjoy a game of croquet on the lawn and burn a few calories whilst having fun at this Victorian garden game.
• Recycling is part of the hotel’s culture, leave us your newspapers, cans, plastic and glass bottles separately in your bedroom and we will recycle them.
• View our herb garden near the back Terrace, where our chefs cut fresh herbs daily for cooking.
• Sample our delicious honey, jams, curds, cheese and apple juice at breakfast time, all produced locally.
• Dine on local produce. Much of the produce used in the creation of our Restaurant menu is locally sourced and supplied
• Our specialist team in the Health Club & Spa are happy to offer advice and answer questions on exercise, well-being and skincare.
• Get active in the gym. Our Fitness Instructors can help you work out a personalised routine.
• Hand Picked Hotels is proud to achieved Carbon Trust Standard. You can support our efforts and help us use energy resources wisely by turning off lights and heating sources when not needed
Keep up to date with our activity throughout the year:
Woodland Habitat Development
Electric Charging Station