At Hand Picked Hotels, we have developed our Corporate Social Responsibility activities to involve our team members, our local community and our guests.
When staying with us, guests can choose if and how they would like to be involved. This can be anything from indulging with the best of produce from our local suppliers and our gardens, re-energising with a walk in the grounds or local area, to supporting our efforts with recycling and energy management.
We welcome suggestions or comments on our policy and how we are implementing it and if you have any questions during your stay, then please just ask at Reception.
Here’s a taste of how you can Be Involved during your stay. Click on the links for articles about our hotel activities.
• Our location by the sea means we have lovely local fish dishes available on our menus. Jersey Scallops or Jersey Sea bass are amongst our favourites
• Treat yourself to some local specialities at breakfast. Try the Jersey honey or yoghurts
• The island is perfect for walks. Ask at Reception for details
• Hire a bicycle and explore the island through the Green lanes
• Get active and make use of our tennis court
• Enjoy all the wonderful pleasures the beach has to offer
• Relax in our heated indoor pool
• Ask our Spa Attendants about a personalised fitness regime in our gym
• Join our weekly yoga class
Energy Saving and the Environment
• Hand Picked Hotels is proud to have achieved Carbon Trust Standard Status. You can support our commitment and contribute to reducing carbon emissions by switching off lights, TV and heating when not needed and turning off the master switch when leaving your room
• Recycling is part of the hotel’s culture – Leave us your cans and glass bottles separately and we will recycle them
• The bag your newspapers are delivered in are bio-degradable; leave us your newspapers for recycling
• Visit Durrells Wildlife Park and support their conservation programmes
Keep up to date with our activity throughout the year:
Beach clean up