At Hand Picked Hotels, we have developed our Corporate Social Responsibility activities to involve our team members, our local community and our guests.
When staying with us, guests can choose if and how they would like to be involved. This can be anything from indulging with the best of produce from our local suppliers and our gardens, re-energising with a walk in the grounds or local area, to supporting our efforts with recycling and energy management.
We welcome suggestions or comments on our policy and how we are implementing it and if you have any questions during your stay, then please just ask at Reception.
Here’s a taste of how you can Be Involved during your stay. Click on the links for articles about our hotel activities.
• Try at least one local dish on the menu. Our Yorkshire Ginger Parkin is definitely worth tasting! Ask the team for information to help you choose.
• Taste the honey from our own hives at breakfast.
• Go for a walk or run around the grounds and spot a wide variety of birdlife. A detailed map and fact sheet is available at reception.
• Take a walk to see the herb garden or wander through the orchard and see the food that is used in our restaurant. A detailed map is available at reception.
• Let us recycle the rubbish from your car. Bring in your plastic bottles, paper or card and we will recycle them for you.
• Young adults can ask our Reception Team about our “Five Tree Challenge”. If you can find the five different types of trees, report back to Reception and there will be a sugar-free lollypop waiting for you.
• We are proud that Hand Picked Hotels has achieved Carbon Trust Standard in recognition of the work we do in reducing our carbon footprint. You can support our efforts by turning off the master switch in your bedroom when leaving the room so that all electrical appliances are turned off while you are out.
• If you don’t like to use de-icer on your car in the winter, just let our Reception Team know when you are departing and our porters will be happy to clear your windscreen.
• If you finish reading a book whilst you are with us, leave it at Reception and we will pass on to another guest.
Keep up to date with our activity throughout the year:
Visiting the nest boxes
News from the grounds & gardens
Supporting local charities