Events in East Sussex
Geocaching at Buxted Park Hotel in East Sussex
Enjoy all the beauty that Buxted Parks grounds have to offer, in the fun fuelled and Hi-Tech world that is Geocaching. Armed with a GPS, cluesheets, compass, binoculars and a camera roam the vast grounds of the hotel whilst trying to locate hidden caches and solve the varying tasks located within them.
Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community.
We’ve enhanced the experience by adding in a nature quiz and a few fun tasks.
Here’s an overview of how Hide and Seek Geocaching works:
- You are armed with a challenge pack containing a personal GPS, clues sheet, map, clipboard and binoculars
- You get out and about in the beautiful surrondings of the hotel situated on the edge of Ashdown Forest.
Depending on how long you have, you can tackle a variety of challenges:
- Puzzle – solve a number of puzzles to guide you to the cache
- EarthCaches™ - An educational cache type in which cachers visit a unique and specific geoscience feature
- The GPS Waypoint Challenge - go to a programmed waypoint marked on the GPS to answer
- Nature Quiz – Identify the local flora and fauna, birds and bugs!
- Candid Camera – Identify an area using just your compass and the odd photo
Perfect for Teambuilding events, Friends and Family days out and Birthday Parties!
View the Geocaching information guide
To find out prices, please contact the Hotel directly.
Terms & conditions
Key information about geocaching:
- Lasts a minimum of 1 hour and maximum of 3 hours.
- Appropriate clothing should be worn.
- Contents are family-friendly.
- Contents are appropriate for outdoor life.
- Geocaches do not solicit for any purpose.
- Geocaches are placed for the long term and should not be tampered with or removed.