At Hand Picked Hotels, we have developed our Corporate Social Responsibility activities to involve our team members, our local community and our guests.
When staying with us, guests can choose if and how they would like to be involved. This can be anything from indulging with the best of produce from our local suppliers and our gardens, re-energising with a walk in the grounds or local area, to supporting our efforts with recycling and energy management.
We welcome suggestions or comments on our policy and how we are implementing it and if you have any questions during your stay, then please just ask at Reception.
Here’s a taste of how you can Be Involved during your stay. Click on the links for articles about our hotel activities.
• Spot wildlife in the park! Rob Batchelor, our estate manager, has composed a local nature sheet highlighting what you may see in various seasons through the year.
• Win a return stay. Get involved in our flora and fauna photography competition! Ask any of the team for further details.
• Join in with our cookery schools that often utilise food from around the estate.
• Book a foraging experience with us and really learn how to find your own food and what to do with it.
• Get some fresh air – try our walking map and follow various routes around the estate. There are no excuses if it is raining – as we have plenty of wellies on hand!
• Book a place on our next Game Event. Experience a butchery and preparation demonstration of game direct from the park.
• Try a spot of deer trailing. Our local expert will take you around the park showing you how to track the deer hopefully culminating in a sight of the fabulous animals.
• Eat local! Challenge yourself to keep the food miles down and order some of the many local dishes from the menus. Home-made jam is available for your enjoyment at breakfast.
• Eat our fruit! Fresh and varied fruit is often available in our reception area sourced where possible directly from Oast Farm, our neighbour.
• Catch your own dinner! Why not turn your hand to a spot of fishing here on the estate. An appropriate catch, such as brown trout, can be prepared and cooked for you by our brigade of chefs
Keep up to date with our activity throughout the year:
Nominated Charity 2013