Hand Picked Hotels Terms & Conditions
View Spa Terms & Conditions
PAYMENT BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
Hand Picked Hotels make no additional charge for payment by credit or debit cards.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT TIMES
All Hand Picked Hotels operate a 15:00 check in time and an 11:00 check out time.
CHILDREN’S POLICY EXCLUDING L’HORIZON HOTEL & SPA
The charge for children is not automatically included in the rate but will be applied as follows:
- Children 3 and under stay and dine for free
- Children under 12 years receive complimentary bed and breakfast when sharing a room with their parents.
- Children 4 years and up to 11 years. Breakfast is included in the rate, all other meals will be charged at 50% of adult price or as priced on the children’s menu.
- Z-beds are not suitable for children over 12 years of age.
- Children 12 years of age and up to 18 years will be charged a £15.00 bed and breakfast supplement when occupying a sofa bed in the room with their parents and will be charged for all other meals as taken.
The following guidelines are applied by Hand Picked Hotels to the development and production of healthy and good quality food for children:
- Food is freshly prepared
- There is a balance of carbohydrates, dietary fibre and essential vitamins and minerals
- The menu will include fresh vegetables and fruit
- Children Under 3 are complimentary
Dogs are not permitted in any Hand Picked Hotel.This policy was introduced in November 2006 for the general benefit of staff and guests, and to protect Hand Picked property. The exception to this is Assistance Dogs, which would include dogs for the blind or visually impaired, or dogs for the deaf or hard of hearing.
CANCELLATIONS EXCLUDING L’HORIZION HOTEL & SPA
All pre-paid Promotional and Advantage rates are non-refundable. Bookings made on the flexible public rates may be cancelled up to 12:00 noon on the day prior to arrival (excluding L’Horizon Hotel & Spa). A credit card is required to confirm the booking. Separate terms and conditions apply to Functions, Conference and Wedding bookings. Please contact the hotel directly for information on the full Function, Conference and Wedding terms and conditions.
AT L’HORIZON HOTEL & SPA:
- Cancellation (subject to the requirement for a one night non-refundable deposit) on Flexible rates is 2 days prior to arrival throughout the year
- All pre-paid Promotional and Advantage rates are non-refundable.
- On all Flexible rate bookings from 1 May through 30 September, the first night will be taken as a non refundable deposit. However no payment is taken prior to arrival for a 1 night stay.
- No deposits will be taken on Flexible rate bookings for bookings from 1 October through 30 April.
CHILDREN’S POLICY AT L’HORIZON HOTEL & SPA:
- Children in a room on their own will be charged 70% of the adult rate.
- Junior Suites and Suites include 1 child on the bed and breakfast or dinner, bed and breakfast rate as appropriate. However if there are 2 children (Suite only) there is a supplement of £25 bed and breakfast or £35 dinner, bed and breakfast for the second child.
- All other rooms can only accommodate one child and do not include this in the rate, a supplement of £25 bed and breakfast or £35 dinner, bed and breakfast will be charged.
Hand Picked Hotels recommend that you take out suitable travel or wedding insurance if necessary.
RECORDING OF TELEPHONE CALLS
Reservations telephone calls may be recorded from time to time to help us improve the service we offer you.
POLICY ON TIPS
At Hand Picked Hotels we are committed to the Code of Best Practice on Service Charges, Tips, Gratuities and Cover Charges. Whilst we do not add a service charge to your bill, 100% of the tips you may leave are distributed amongst the staff according to their wishes.
HOTEL PROPRIETORS ACT 1956
Loss of or Damage to Guests’ Property
Under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956, an hotel proprietor may in certain circumstances be liable to make good any loss of or damage to a guest’s property even though it was not due to any fault of the proprietor or staff of the hotel.
This liability however—
- (a)extends only to the property of guests who have engaged sleeping accommodation at the hotel;
- (b)is limited to £50 for any one article and a total of £100 in the case of any one guest, except in the case of property which has been deposited, or offered for deposit, for safe custody;
- (c)does not cover motor-cars or other vehicles of any kind or any property left in them, or horses or other live animals.
This notice does not constitute an admission either that the Act applies to this hotel or that liability there under attaches to the proprietor of this hotel in any particular case.
SMOKE FREE REGULATIONS
Hand Picked Hotels operates a smoke free policy in bedrooms and public areas including the balconies at L’Horizon Hotel & Spa.
Electronic cigarettes, also known as e‐cigarettes, are not permitted to be smoked inside any of Hand Picked Hotels’ premises. This policy is applicable to all guest and staff bedrooms, all public areas and all back of house areas.
Hand Picked Hotels Limited and the individual Hotels grant a limited, royalty free licence for the use of the “Hand Picked Hotels” brand and marks subject to prior written approval by Hand Picked and/or the individual Hotels for use in printed media only. Use of the Brand and Marks is strictly prohibited without written approval in connection with any radio, television or internet marketing or advertising including the use of the Brand in conjunction with paid listings in search engines, meta tags, keywords, links and any other means intended to influence search engine results for internet searches invoking the Brand. The Hotel reserves the right to terminate this agreement on ten (10) days notice on any breach of this clause”.
The content of this website is the copyright of Hand Picked Hotels, and may not be copied, reproduced, published, distributed or amended for any other purpose without our prior written consent.